Art of combining yogic physiotherapy, Prana, reflexology with intuitive touch for healing.
Thai massage, which originated in India, has been around for over 2,500 years ago by Dr. Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha also known as Shivago Kompara. He was from North India, and a close associate of the Buddha and chief of the original community gathered around the Buddha. Originally regarded as a healing art, traditional Thai massage includes influences from both Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. The idea of Shen-lines or energy-lines were first used in “Thai yoga massage”.
Thai massage is an effective as a pain relieving body treatment. It is a type of Oriental bodywork therapy that is based on the treatment of the human body, mind, and spirit. The therapy includes treating the electromagnetic or energetic field which surrounds, infuses and brings the body to life through pressure and/or manipulative massage.
Principle of Thai Massage:
Thai Massage is very different from the other massage therapies that usually involve tissue manipulation. It is a dry massage therapy and does not use any oils or lotion. Instead, it is performed using deep compressing, rhythmic pressing, and stretching. The pressure, tension, and motion or vibration movements used during massage improve regional blood circulation. The Thai Massage is performed using different body parts such as palm, thumb, fingers, forearm, elbow or even feet.
Thai Massage used a variety of yoga like stretching positions for its therapeutic effects. Thai massage is based on principles of correcting the energy balance through the body. The basic principle of Thai Massage is to start with from the extremities of the body (laterally), work towards the core of the body (medially), and then back to the extremities. This ensured the flow of energy though the energy channels called meridians, and also improve blood circulation throughout the body.
Thai massage is a cross between acupressure, yoga, and shiatsu. The massage consists of slow, rhythmic compressions and stretches along the body’s energy lines, also called Sen, The practitioner uses the palms of the hands, thumbs, elbows, and feet in the session to free tension within the body.Therapist position’s the body into yoga-like poses and gently rock the body to open the joints and facilitate limbering.
- Increases flexibility and range of movement
- Calms the nervous system, making the client experience deep relaxation.
- Allows for a significant release of deep, emotional distress
- Stimulates blood circulation, lymph drainage & internal organs.
- Relieves fatigue, swollen limbs, painful joints, muscular pains and headaches.
- Improves immunity
- Helps in improving sleep
Preparations for Thai massage:
- Establish clear time boundaries.
- Eat light before and after session.
- Were loose comfortable clothing.
- Make sure the therapy room is comfortable and safe.
- Feel free to tell your therapist what kind pf pressure you mostly enjoy.
- These are fully clothed up sessions, however to work on sensitive body areas it is mandatory to seek client’s permission.
Touch the body, calm the mind, heal the spirit!!
Sector 19, Chandigarh
Make an Appointment
Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm