Sound can set a mood, some sounds simply make us feel better than others.
Sound is the original mystical manifestation of creation. It is interesting to know that the ear is the first organ to develop in the embryo. Music reminds the body of its own healthy harmonic resonance. Sound can set a mood, some sounds simply make us feel better than others. Whether our conscious mind is paying attention or not, our bodies take their cues from the sounds and rhythms, knowing when to get energized and when to slow down.
The idea that sound affects health of mind and body is not new. Using human voice and objects, like tuning forks and singing bowls, that resonate to stimulate healing is one of a growing number of subtle-energy therapies that make up the field of vibrational medicine.
Sounds That Heal
- Classical music, has been show to increase the rate of development of synaptic connections in young children’s minds. Classical music helps address physical ailments like high blood pressure and muscle tension.
- Humming, not only lifts your spirits, it clears your head too. According to a study published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, humming may actually help keep your sinuses clear and healthy.
- Singing Bowls, sings when you run a felt-tipped mallet around its edge. Along with rhythms produced by striking the edge of the bowl, the vibrations and tones slow down breathing, brain waves and heart rates, producing a deep sense of calm and well-being.
- Tuning Forks, vibrate at different frequencies to aid healing processes. Tuning forks produce healing vibes that support relaxation, balance our nervous systems and increase mental and physical energy.
- Chanting, stabilizes heart rate, lower blood pressure, improve circulation, produce endorphins and aid the process of metabolism. Chanting also helps mind focus, which alleviates stress levels.
Sector 19, Chandigarh
Make an Appointment
Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm